Monday, May 14, 2007

A long and winding road...

It was that, or What a Long Strange Trip it's been.
(I found I had never posted this one!)

If you read the post about driving to Lubbock,, we now headed home, let me tell you, leaving Lubbock at 4 PM (oddly enough the same time we left Houston two days earlier), with a plan to stop in Austin to see Oldest Boy Child as he moves into new apartment. Sure it is still a long drive, but with 2 1/2 hour off the tail, and some time in Austin, it sounded fine to me. Well just about 2 hours from Austin, MDW talks to her son, and he says don't bother, I am beat and I have to be at work at 6 AM. She says fine, and we decide to drive on to home. Then he calls back and says, whoops, Happy Mothers Day! All in all it was fine, we drove on, although I started feeling like I did not trust myself after a while and had to give her back the wheel. MDW did the lion's share of the driving, and is beat today. Looks like a day off for both of us.

Did I mention earlier that we found out my license has expired in March? whoopsie. I guess I know what I am doing later.

Oh yea, the odd parts. If you live in Texas and have never really gotten out and driven "corner to corner", you should really give it a shot. I would not do it in the heat of summer, but in May, the weather was fabulous, and the scenery was even more so. Now this may seem odd, but we saw zebras on the drive home. I am not joking, I will post the pictures soon.

No comments: