Thursday, October 9, 2008

Waiting on the world to change

Well the seasons are changing, even in Houston, albeit slowly. And the times, they are a changing. And well the baby needs changing, but me, I think I have been changing too much lately. Okay, one thing is changing. I am getting whiter. No, not less tan,..just more white hair. Gray I did not mind so much, but the white that is bugging me. Just 2 years ago I still had a lot of dark hair in my beard and now it is almost completly white. My hair on my head is graying, or whiting. I once had brown hair with red highlights, it is still thick, but the brown is turning silver and the red has already turned white. I am still pretty unlined, partly because my face is rather full (read fat).

This really does not bother me as much as it sounds, but here is the weird thing. I know that I am 45, but inside, I am still 16. I look in the mirror and think, when did I get this old. I guess what is getting me, is that I am getting older, and so are we all. My aging is not so bad, but watching my wee ones (one of whom towers over me) grow up. I still want to take care of them like I used to, but that is not what they need now. And watching my parents grow old, that really hurts, because I know I am following. I look at some of the recent pictures and I see my uncles face looking back at me.

What is really funny is that one of my favorite songs is this classic They Might Be Giants song...older. give it a listen, and cheer up, we are all getting older.

No comments: