Friday, September 12, 2008

Shut up Tigger! or Ike part 2

It is 1 am and my fat cat Tigger is yelling at the door. He does this whenever it is raining, or windy out. He wants to see it for himself. I have tried to explain to him that this is a hurricane, or at least a tropical storm, but you know, it seems I am not getting through to him. Well the good news is that the rain is just now starting here. And the wind is not that strong. We have storms like this regularly. I know that power is out in some other parts of Houston, but the far west side is okay for now. Not sure how much more storm is headed this way, but I am going to try to sleep again. I am glad I did not do the coffee I was thinking about. But you know, I was going to lace it with baileys or kahlua anyway. Hope Dr. Tiki would approve (www.tikibartv.com, watch it and you will understand). As long as we have power and cable, I can blog and watch Stargate. and if the power goes out, I can still try to post short entries or emails.

Truthfully the worst part of a hurricane seems to be waiting for it to get here. On my facebook I put down the old 80's song by REO Speedwagon Riding the Storm out. Now it seems more like Tom Petty's The waiting is the hardest part. Yup, even in the face of a storm, I am a music geek. I thinki I will close this off for now, before I think of other songs for the storm.
Now where is my Ipod...

No comments: