Friday, September 12, 2008

We don't like Ike...





Ike the Cat 2 hurricane is coming to town. Okay it has been coming for days, but it is finally getting here. The good news is that the hurricane is being downgraded to a category 1, and where we are at, probably tropical storm level. Good news for us. These Pictures my wife took at about 6pm show how the neighborhood kids are playing, and people are out and about. The clouds are coming in, and the wind was just starting to blow, about 10 or so mph. Now the wind is just starting to gust, and we are getting ready for the storm. No rain yet, but that is fine, I need the water in my fishpond!

This is a big storm, but I know that God is bigger, and that he is with us. If you are worries about the storm, pray, it is the best thing. I know that God's people have been praying, this storm has already done things that the weathermen can't understand. I expect a rough nite, and as long as power holds, I will keep on blogging.

BTW did I mention I have a brisket cooking in the oven? Even if the power goes out, I have a gas stove, and the gas grill, so we will eat well. Seems that in looking in the fridge, I have found about a dozen chicken breasts, one ham and four beautiful NY strip steaks. Yum. Yes I am cooking it all, since cooked food will last longer if the power goes in.

Anyway, more later, and take care of yourelf, faithful reader!

No comments: